In the Mood for Love
© 2005 Annabelle A. Udo
Chevron Gas Prices o' the Day (19th Avenue)
$2.97
$3.07
$3.17
There are times when the phone doesn't ring and all is silent. The moon is covered by midnight clouds and the air is humid and still. In the distance are the lapping waves of the distant ocean as if the sound of a kitten drinking milk from its dish. And I am alone. Alone in my own contemplation and wonder of this confusing and scraping world in which we live.
In my compartment of thoughts I dream and sing and dance in much the same pattern as when I was born--with flowers springing from the ground with each step and butterflies fluttering with each exhalation I breathed. Today, it all seemed different--thinking there were little reminders of this joy. But as I walked along the world today from the bathroom to my workstation, I realized at that very moment it will never happen again. That very stroll could not be replicated even if I were to follow the same cadence, the same breath, the same sway--it could not happen in the exact same manner because for every second the saying is true that "one cannot step in the same river twice."
So, in that one episode of my life it all came together--that we only have one chance and one shot at it all. And if we are given only 100 years to live as earthly beings on this planet, in this universe, amidst these cosmos with Heaven only another stratosphere away, then I want to be here Now, not later or in my past. It's all a continuum with footsteps of my own, following only the rhythm of time and space--doing all things with great passion, deep humility, without ego, with good intentions and a beautiful glass of wine.
Chevron Gas Prices o' the Day (19th Avenue)
$2.97
$3.07
$3.17
There are times when the phone doesn't ring and all is silent. The moon is covered by midnight clouds and the air is humid and still. In the distance are the lapping waves of the distant ocean as if the sound of a kitten drinking milk from its dish. And I am alone. Alone in my own contemplation and wonder of this confusing and scraping world in which we live.
In my compartment of thoughts I dream and sing and dance in much the same pattern as when I was born--with flowers springing from the ground with each step and butterflies fluttering with each exhalation I breathed. Today, it all seemed different--thinking there were little reminders of this joy. But as I walked along the world today from the bathroom to my workstation, I realized at that very moment it will never happen again. That very stroll could not be replicated even if I were to follow the same cadence, the same breath, the same sway--it could not happen in the exact same manner because for every second the saying is true that "one cannot step in the same river twice."
So, in that one episode of my life it all came together--that we only have one chance and one shot at it all. And if we are given only 100 years to live as earthly beings on this planet, in this universe, amidst these cosmos with Heaven only another stratosphere away, then I want to be here Now, not later or in my past. It's all a continuum with footsteps of my own, following only the rhythm of time and space--doing all things with great passion, deep humility, without ego, with good intentions and a beautiful glass of wine.
















<< Home