Sunday, June 23, 2013

Midnight Musings

©2013 by Annabelle A. Udo

Chevron Gas Prices o' the Day (19th Avenue)
$4.19
$4.29
$4.49

The bat spreads its wings and we know it’s midnight. The moon appears and its reflection floats silently on the water. Time moves slowly — quickly — and the hourglass is on its last grain of sand. The lonely distant, baritone thunder rolls through the quiet of the desert as the train in my head travels in many directions, visiting places that I’ve felt strongly about but know they are only alive in my past. They are places of vague childhood memories where I try so hard to jump back into scenes of a home movie that flickers in the dark — these places, they exist, yet don’t exist. . . and so I keep following a trail that leads me to a dream. Keeps me young in old times. Keeps me moving when the world is still. Keeps me at ease amidst hardship.