Howling at the Moon
© 2006 Annabelle A. Udo
Chevron Gas Prices o' the Day (19th Avenue)
$2.37
$2.47
$2.57
I am the moon—rising above the earth shedding light in the corners of a dark room—upon the shoulders of a child crying in the middle of the night. I move seamlessly between the hours of the living and the dying and glow with the halo of angels. If I could see myself in the mirror I would see the sun with far-reaching arms turning the sea into gold. And as I age with the courage of Time, the dust of my tears will fall onto the wings of doves and illumine the midnight voyages of sailors in search of stories in heavenly skies. I want people to howl at my fullness as I change the direction of the waters. I am the moon.
Chevron Gas Prices o' the Day (19th Avenue)
$2.37
$2.47
$2.57
I am the moon—rising above the earth shedding light in the corners of a dark room—upon the shoulders of a child crying in the middle of the night. I move seamlessly between the hours of the living and the dying and glow with the halo of angels. If I could see myself in the mirror I would see the sun with far-reaching arms turning the sea into gold. And as I age with the courage of Time, the dust of my tears will fall onto the wings of doves and illumine the midnight voyages of sailors in search of stories in heavenly skies. I want people to howl at my fullness as I change the direction of the waters. I am the moon.
















<< Home