The Mad Squad
Chevron Gas Prices o' the Day (19th Avenue)
$2.37
$2.47
$2.57
So, I'm listening to "Katusha", an old Russian war song, when suddenly the usual sirens of a firetruck go whizzing down the avenue. . .and then a police, and then another, then another, then 3 on the motorcycles. Unbeknownst to me, outside my window is some sort of an accident that is creating mayhem at the intersection. From my window I can't see what has happened so I step and scope it out. Nothing. A VW Bug (one of those new ones) is frozen in a left-hand turn while other vehicles pull aside to be interviewed by several officers--hand gestures and loud mumbling are all I gather from here. Something serious must have happened but I have no idea--no dents, no scratches, no blood--perhaps, it's a good thing that nothing happened but is it worth blocking off an intersection of an already congested thoroughfare? At the same time, the stopped traffic creates a relieving silence outside my window. Still, people are driving like idiots no matter what the gas prices.
$2.37
$2.47
$2.57
So, I'm listening to "Katusha", an old Russian war song, when suddenly the usual sirens of a firetruck go whizzing down the avenue. . .and then a police, and then another, then another, then 3 on the motorcycles. Unbeknownst to me, outside my window is some sort of an accident that is creating mayhem at the intersection. From my window I can't see what has happened so I step and scope it out. Nothing. A VW Bug (one of those new ones) is frozen in a left-hand turn while other vehicles pull aside to be interviewed by several officers--hand gestures and loud mumbling are all I gather from here. Something serious must have happened but I have no idea--no dents, no scratches, no blood--perhaps, it's a good thing that nothing happened but is it worth blocking off an intersection of an already congested thoroughfare? At the same time, the stopped traffic creates a relieving silence outside my window. Still, people are driving like idiots no matter what the gas prices.
















<< Home